FORT LAUDERDALE, FL — September 7, 2016 – ITSM Academy Introduces Updated Learning Experience on my.itsmacademy.com – our *new* Learner Portal.
The ITSM Academy team has been working hard to improve our learners’ experience by moving our Learner Portal to a new platform. The portal extends the classroom experience by providing access to online content and tools to further educate and inspire learners. Additionally, the labs and assignments are all completed through the portal.
- Increases preparedness
- Enhances retention
- Supports exam preparations (where applicable)
- Provides value-add resources
- Expands access to our community of experts and peers
The goal of my.itsmacademy.com is to provide the most efficient and effective learning experience. Whether a learner is participating in a traditional classroom, or joining us in one of our virtual classrooms, they have access to their learning portal. By including an online component to our education strategy, our learners can actively participate in class preparation, attendance, and have post class access. This blended strategy increases the long-term sustainability of their ITSM education.
- Increase retention and enable exploration through the use of guided online supplemental instruction (learning labs); labs can be completed at a time convenient for the learner
- Traditional (Physical) Classroom: Extend the learning experience by providing access both pre-and-post class
- Virtual Classroom: Improve the impact and flexibility of virtual instruction; enabling learners to balance their workload and class requirements
- Maximize learner engagement by addressing varying learning styles (visual, auditory, kinesthetic)
- Increase learners’ ability to learn anywhere and at any time through the use of mobile devices
- Gauge and increase learner retention by using embedded assessments and ITSM Academy’s Game On! An Interactive Learning Experience
- Enable self-directed learning by providing learners unlimited access to supplemental online resources
Critical, Action-oriented Thinking
- Supplement classroom lecture with online tools that include hands-on assessments and exercises
- Learning labs support Bloom’s foundational levels of understanding and remembering
- Peer group collaboration projects further promote critical thinking
- Personal Action Plans inspire learners to identify improvement opportunities based on what they are learning throughout the class
Let’s Go Green
- Lifetime access to content anytime, anywhere, any device
- Reduced environmental impact
For use initially in our public classes, the portal’s clean and intuitive tile design provides easy access to all of a learner’s class resources including pre-class reading and review materials, color learner manuals, videos, games and more.
About ITSM Academy
ITSM Academy, Inc., founded in 2003, is a full service provider of IT Service Management (ITSM) education and advice. …educate and inspire is not just our corporate slogan, it speaks to our core mission and goal. Read More